We are proud to celebrate over 56 years of helping men break free from the disease of addiction to lead fulfilling, productive lives.
Since 1962 we have helped thousands continue their recovery from addiction.
On July 1, 1962 the fourth Flynn Christian Fellowship Home in the state of NC opened its doors. Our Fellowship Home evolved from the dream of a one-time successful businessman named Joe Flynn. Joe was one of us. It was his deep conviction that some men stood a better chance of recovery through a mutual effort, rather than going it alone.
When we opened our mission was to provide a residence for recovering alcoholics. In 1979 the facility was renamed The Fellowship Home of Winston-Salem, NC, Inc. and our mission was expanded to include other forms of drug abuse. In 1985, The Fellowship Home became a United Way Partner Agency and we established ourselves as a leader in comprehensive relapse prevention.
Built in 1917, the Gentry House was designed by prominent local architect G. Gilbert Humphreys and is on the National Register of Historic Homes. It is one of the most architecturally distinguished homes in the historic West End neighborhood near downtown Winston-Salem. The impressive two-story brick dwelling was designed with a combination of Colonial Revival and Craftsman styles of architecture. The Gentry House became a halfway house in 1962.